When I released badges way back in the beginning of Maxcape, I never intended for those ugly gold circles to be permanent. Unfortunately, due to my lack of ability when it comes to art and graphical design, I've never been able to come up with something that I liked enough to put up.
Today, I'm glad to announce that there are FINALLY proper badge icons! Along with that, some of the badges have been fixed, removed, and/or renamed, to create a better system.
I owe huge thanks to two people. First of all to Fogolicious, for volunteering to create the first bunch of badges. Unfortunately, due to lack of free time he wasn't able to complete the set. AngelMayCare then stepped in and completed the set. Without her, we would have less than half of the badges completed!
I also owe a huge thank you to Tamal for the original concept, and Arengeir for coming up with most of the badges!
Below is the list of changes I have made to badges
- Professional Skiller (2x 200m skills) - REMOVED
- Combatant (higher average combat levels than skill levels) - Changed to 'Killer'
- Master of Combat (max combat level) - Outdated, changed to 99 Attack, Strength, Magic, and Ranged. Renamed to 'Combatant'
- True Master of Combat (all combat skills @ 99) - Outdated, Changed to 138 combat. Renamed to 'Master of Combat'
- Portmaster (all port skills @ 90) - Outdated, added Hunter, Cooking, and Construction.
- Doubly Skilled (26m in a skill) - Changed to 25m. Renamed to 'Experienced'.
- Experienced (50m in a skill) - Renamed to 'Skilled'.
- Semi-pro (100m in a skill) - Renamed to 'Expert'.
All badges are now visible on all profiles. If you do not have a badge earned, it will appear as a grayscale version of the lowest tier of the badge.