Today's addition is a rather small one, but also a fun one. I present to you, the Milestone Tracker!
This page does little more then track the people with each milestone cape. Think of it as a hiscores for milestone capes. There's not really much else to it, so I'll keep this short.
The Max/Comp Cape Calculator has been updated for Divination! I've updated the calculator, profiles, signatures, and checkpoint system to handle Divination. If you are using a pre-divination checkpoint, you won't see Divination in your graph at the bottom of your calculator. You'll need to create a new checkpoint To get Divination xp gains.
Since the skill is brand new, I've temporarily relaxed the cache update time from once every 2 hours to once every 20 minutes. I've also completely cleared the Cache so that it's not holding any outdated stat lists that could lead to bugs.
If you notice any bugs or anything, let me know in the comments below!
Sorry about the unannounced maintenance, but I wanted to get this update up. Today's update is a fully overhauled, integrated comment system on front page newsposts!
I know this wasn't an exactly needed or asked for update, but using Disqus has really been bothering me for a few reasons. I like to have control over what content is on my site and what it looks like, and with Disqus, I just don't have that freedom. I also don't like how it has to load from a seperate server, and sometimes even fail loading.
I know I've had to wipe comments a few times in the past, because of Disqus being domain specific, or forgetting the access details to the moderator account. This should be the very last time the comments will have to be wiped.
Creating a comment system from scratch wasn't exactly easy, but I think it was well worth the time spent.
- Custom comments better fit the look and feel of the site.
- Your Adventurer's Log profile picture will be used as your avatar.
- You use the same account you use for the rest of the site. If you're logged in, you can comment!
- Both your account name (linked to profile) and RSN (linked to calc) are available and clickable.
- Type your comments in plain text. Line breaks and new paragraphs will be preserved, and links will automatically become clickable.
The next update I have planned is an "options" tab in the UCP, where there will be a lot of options for almost every page. One of the planned options is to allow each user to customize the header color (see comment below) for their comments. This should give a degree of customization and feeling of "mine" to your comments.
I hope having an integrated comments system will increase the amount of user interaction. I love feedback! If you have any compliments, complaints, bugs to report, or feature requests, please comment below!
In other news:
- The sorting on the calc page has been made a bit better. The sort you're currently using is highlighted, so it's easier to see exactly how you have it sorted.
- Related to the sorting update, you now have the option to have animated sorting. This doesn't change anything but looks. If you don't like it, you can simply turn them off by clicking on the top of the sidebar, near the "Toggle Complete" button.
- All pages have had their CSS updated. This is to reduce style conflicts and redundancies. I also moved the icons to a different service, so they shouldn't fail to load nearly as often.
- Brightened up the green text to increase visibility. This color is likely to be adjusted again
The following tweaks have been made:
- Designer: You can now generate a png image with a transparent background of your cape.
- Designer: You can now link directly to a submitted cape. The link is found in the tooltip.
- Designer: There is now a system in place to avoid abuse of the downvote system (you know who you are).
- Profile/UCP: The trimmed requirements have been reorganized. Unfortunately, this means all user data that was input previously has been lost, but it was necessary. The trimmed list on profiles is no longer 3x longer then the regular, which was making for unnecessarily long pages.
- Admin: There is now a page to handle flagged capes. Capes can either be kept or entirely removed.
- Admin: There is now a page to handle skill calc entries. You will soon see more skill calcs available on the calc page. The newest one as of this post is Mining!
- Profile: You can now see the percentage complete a requirement is at a glance without having to open the list of subrequirements. Note: This is an average of how complete each individual subrequirement is and doesn't take into account difficulty.
- Calc: Fixed a bug where outdated stats weren't being treated as outdated and constantly seen as "cached"
- All: Logged in users will now see a "Welcome, (username)" message on the top right of the latest news bar, along with a quick logout button.
- Profiles: Changed the rss feed to use a new plugin. This should solve problems with old rss entries being displayed and not being updated.
- Profiles: There is now an experience distribution chart at the bottom of your profile.
- Profiles: Profile privacy now functions correctly.
- Search: Private profiles are no longer returned in search results.
- Calc: The following skills have had inline skill calculators added: Prayer, Hunter.
- Front Page: Moved to a new disqus account, as I couldn't remember the old one.
- UCP: You can now override your cached stats once every 4 hours. There is a button in the "account" tab.
- Calc: Fixed a bug where maxed (but not comp) players were shown 0 Experience remaining to comp cape.
- UCP: Fixed a bug where saving account stuff on the Account tab was not working.
- Designer: Fixed multiple bugs with the favorite system.
I am shortly going to reorganize the Trimmed Reqs on profiles/UCP in an effort to shorten the list substantially (grouping similar tasks). During this time you will not be able to edit your profile requirements.
Moving requirements around isn't supported, so almost all trimmed req data will be lost.
I have finished reoganizing the Trimmed Reqs, and you can now edit your profile again.
I've tried to group similar tasks into related groups to try to save a lot of space on the Profile. If you feel anything has been miscategorized, or is missing, or if you would prefer something taken out of a category, let me know in the comments below.